So, you thought you were tough enough to try and learn English?
Reasons why the English language is so hard to learn:
- The bandage was wound around the wound.
- The farm was used to produce procude.
- We must polish the Polish furniture.
- the soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
- A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
- When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
- The buck does funny things when the does are present
- To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow how to sow
- The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
- After a number of injections my jaw got number.
Why do we park in a drive way and drive on a parkway?
why do we pay a toll on a freeway?
There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in a hamburger; neitehr apple nor pine in a pineapple.
Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren't sweet, are meat.
Doesn't it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend?
If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?
English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race, which of course, is not a race at all. That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.
P.S. - why doesn't "buick" rhyme with "quick"????